Personal data protection
CLIMESPACE, the holder of the concession for the public service of production and distribution of cooling energy for the City of Paris, undertakes to take all precautions required to protect the personal data processed by its departments and in particular to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or disclosed to unauthorised third parties.
The personal data are processed by CLIMESPACE in compliance with Law N o 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on personal data protection and the General Data Protection Regulation N o 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (GDPR). CLIMESPACE also ensures compliance with and application of the principles of personal data protection and management as established by the ENGIE Personal Data Protection Policy and by the ENGIE Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) accessible at https://www.engie.com/.
1. Personal data controller
The controller of your personal data is CLIMESPACE, a public limited company with capital of €14,409,600, entered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 378 993 455, having its registered office at 3-5a Boulevard Diderot 75012 PARIS.
2. Your personal data rights
You can at any time:
- request access to the personal data you provided to CLIMESPACE
- ask for your personal data to be corrected
- ask for your personal data to be deleted
- object to the processing of your personal data
- request that the processing of the personal data concerning you be limited
- ask for your data to be transferable, i.e. to receive them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
You may exercise all these rights by contacting the CLIMESPACE Personal Data Officer:
- using this form
- or by signed conventional mail with a copy of your identity document to the following address:
For the attention of the Personal Data Officer
3-5bis boulevard Diderot
If you are already a client, you also have the option of accessing and changing some of your personal data directly by logging into your My CLIMESPACE customised client space.
You can also exercise your rights pertaining to the processing of your data by CLIMESPACE with the CNIL.
3. Personal data collected by CLIMESPACE
In the course of its activities, CLIMESPACE may collect and process personal data, in particular through its website or the extranet spaces to which you have access. The term “personal data” includes any type of data that identifies you directly or indirectly.
CLIMESPACE collects the following personal data:
- Data for identifying and contacting you, such as your first and last name, gender, date and place of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, client No ;
- Your login details such as your ID and password when you sign up for one of the online tools we provide;
- Professional data such as as your employer, your position or your relationship to a building that is connected to the urban cooling network or a site for which an application for such a connection has been submitted.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal data
The personal data collected by CLIMESPACE from its clients, prospects, partners, service providers or suppliers in the course of its business may be required, depending on their purpose:
- implementation of the public service assignment delegated to CLIMESPACE by the City of Paris;
- implementation of a contract with CLIMESPACE or of pre-contractual measures;
- compliance of CLIMESPACE with its legal obligations;
- exercise of a legitimate interest.
The collection or processing of your personal data may also be dependent on obtaining your consent.
When the collection or processing of your personal data requires your express prior consent, it will be requested in advance and will be strictly limited to the purposes for which you agree.
You may at any time withdraw the consent you have given.
5. Purposes for which CLIMESPACE collects personal data
CLIMESPACE may use the personal data collected from its partners, service providers and suppliers for the following purposes:
- Information and/or making contact for the purpose of entering into a contract or an order;
- Operational, administrative and accounts-related monitoring of contracts and orders;
- Administering and managing access to Climespace premises and any other work sites;
- Proposing participation in one-time events organised by CLIMESPACE.
CLIMESPACE may use the personal data obtained from its clients and prospects for the following purposes:
- Managing contracts and in particular opening and closing subscriptions, invoicing and supervising the quality of services and facilities (network, meters, sub-station, etc.);
- Providing information about works, operations or events that affect the network (incidents, floods, drains, etc.);
- Enable clients to benefit from a personalised space (followed by the contract, consumption (KWh, M3 and CO 2 ), invoicing and issuing complaints or information requests);
- Conducting satisfaction surveys;
- Improving the quality of sales offers and services offered by CLIMESPACE;
- Proposing offers, personalised services or new partnerships in the field of energy efficiency;
- Detecting new business opportunities.
The detection of new sales opportunities by CLIMESPACE does not under any circumstances result in profiling activities in the meaning of the GDPR which would involve automatic personal data processing. The consumption profiling which CLIMESPACE carries out to optimise the quality of its services is based on anonymous, aggregated and non-individualised user profiles.
With the consent of interested parties:
- Conducting marketing campaigns and sending content such as newsletters or invitations to special events organised by CLIMESPACE. You may stop your subscriptions to this content at any time.
- To enable contact with CLIMESPACE and sending of spontaneous applications via our website.
6. Recipients of your personal data
CLIMESPACE may transfer personal data for the sole purposes of carrying out the purpose or purposes for which they are collected in accordance with this Confidentiality Policy to the authorised parties mentioned below:
- its own employees;
- the City of Paris in its capacity as concession granting authority for the public cooling energy supply service;
- its suppliers and/or service providers working on its instructions, including those responsible for handling personal data on its behalf. We ask our suppliers and suppliers to take all technical and organisational steps required to ensure the security of the personal data processing they operate on our behalf throughout their assignment and to return all personal data which they have processed on completion of their service;
- other entities of the ENGIE group; data protection is guaranteed through the implementation and compliance by these entities of the principles of the ENGIE Personal Data Protection Policy and the aforementioned ENGIE Binding Corporate Rules (BCR).
Your information will not be revealed to any third-party except the following:
- If the transfer by CLIMESPACE of certain personal data is required by the laws and regulations in force, by any competent governmental or judicial authority to establish or maintain court action or legal defence or to prevent fraud or illegal activity;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of CLIMESPACE, our suppliers, our clients or the public as required or permitted by law.
7. Retention and deletion of your personal data
We retain your personal data in compliance with the retention periods required or permitted by the applicable regulations, for the length of time required to meet the objectives outlined in this Confidentiality Policy:
- Data collected from our clients and prospects are stored for a maximum of 3 years from the end of the business relationship or, where applicable, 3 years from their collection or from your last contact sent to CLIMESPACE, in accordance with CNIL Deliberation N° 2016-264 of 21 July 2016.
- Personal data filled in when filing a spontaneous applicationfrom the form available on our website are kept for a maximum of 2 years after the last contact with the data subject, whether or not the recruitment procedure been successful, in accordance with the CNIL Deliberation N o 02-017 of 21 March 2002.
8. Our cookie practices
Cookies are small text files stored on your browser by websites or applications. Cookies used by CLIMESPACE when you browse on our website or your personal My CLIMESPACE customer area are kept for 13 months and are of two types:
- Functional cookies that are essential for our online platforms to function;
- Audience measurement cookiesthat enable us to measure traffic on our online platforms and improve their functionality. You may accept or refuse the use of these audience measurement cookies while browsing. You can review your consent at any time by accessing your browsing settings. In any case, your consent for the use of these cookies is valid for 13 months. After this period we will automatically invite you to renew your consent.