Home | FAQ
CLIMESPACE in 20 questions…
During 2014 continuity of service stood at 99.95%; this figure includes maintenance shut-downs and upstream programmes between customer and CLIMESPACE teams.
– installation of the outgoing and return pipes that connect the building to the energy supply network infrastructure located beneath the roadway;
– all equipment necessary for delivery of primary energy in the building’s utility room designated for CLIMESPACE: exchanger, electrical control panel etc.;
– supply of cooling energy from the generating plant to the delivery building.
– The Network Division, in charge of the public right of way connection from the CLIMESPACE network infrastructure to the private areas of the destination building.
– The Substation Division, in charge of connection and delivery in the private areas, for the substation installation and commissioning in the destination building.
Therefore, the minimum connection period is 9 months.
CLIMESPACE operating costs, by contracted power range, break down as follows:
– A fixed annual subscription (R2) which includes:
- renewal of equipment, handling of end of life equipment;
- maintenance and full warranty of parts and labour; cold production, network and energy transfer stations equipment up to the contracted power level;
- 24 hours a day monitoring and management, 365 days a year, energy transfer stations and production sites (by GTC and ADSL line);
- on call service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the primary CLIMESPACE installation;
- appraisal of the customer’s secondary installations connected to CLIMESPACE and advice on optimising the customer’s secondary network from an energy-saving perspective;
- management of production related regulatory and environmental risks.
– Monthly costs, commensurate with energy and water consumption (R1)
– For a CLIMESPACE network connection, a portion of the infrastructure investment will necessarily need to be taken into account and will be conditioned on the findings of a technical feasibility study; this investment is intended first of all to participate in financing the work required for the production/distribution of cooling energy (connection fee and R’2) and secondly to deal with any technical uncertainties arising from the hydraulic connection or the distance between the building and the CLIMESPACE servicing area (assistance fund).
Use our simulation tool and find out what power level would be recommended for your needs, and what the corresponding expense budget would be !
Energy efficiency: energy consumed to produce cooling is greatly reduced
Environmental efficiency: locally available natural resources are utilized
Shared resource efficiency and clean energy solutions: all environmental, health and aesthetic drawbacks are minimized, compared with an equivalent infrastructure of stand-alone air conditioning installations.
In Paris, the district cooling system results in:
50% more energy efficiency
35% less electricity consumption
50% lower CO2 emissions
65% less water consumption
compared with an equivalent infrastructure of stand-alone installations.
Finally, in 2013, CLIMESPACE initiated a responsible approach for purchasing electricity to power its production facilities, guaranteeing it is 100% from renewable sources.
The ESC is a system for measuring the energy efficiency of buildings, based on an obligation to achieve energy savings imposed by the government on energy suppliers.
Since 1 January 2014 and the creation of the BAT-TH-50 reference sheet, connecting a commercial building to a district cooling system can qualify for Energy Saving Certificates. The ESC amount is related to the contracted cooling power, the network COP, the type of user activity and the climate zone in which the building is located. ESCs are issued to the person proving their active and motivational role in the undertaking: CLIMESPACE considers that the ESCs generated as a result of connecting to its district cooling system are the property of its customers.
CLIMESPACE can help customers: reduce the impact of refrigerants on global warming, establish an environmental policy, or assess a building’s financial performance through life cycle analysis. CLIMESPACE solutions eliminate the presence of fluids in buildings thanks to production outsourced to external sites, comply with a plant’s minimum fluid leakage rate (0.67% in 2012), and integrate an installation’s maintenance and end of life costs over the contract life.
For more information about taking advanatage of CLIMESPACE expertise for environmental certifications, please go to our dedicated Web page: Environmental Certifications
For any queries regarding your bills, the CLIMESPACE Accounting Service is at your disposal and can be reached on (+33)1 40 02 78 25.
– By bank transfer
– By automatic debit
– By a cheque made payable to CLIMESPACE, sent to the following address:
CLIMESPACE Direction de la Comptabilité
3-5 Bis Boulevard Diderot
Opt for direct debit and your bills are sent a fortnight before the payment date. You can cancel at any time (by letter a month before the next collection date). To register for direct debit, please contact your Billing Manager at (+33) 1 4002 7825 in order to set up the authorization.